Now, more than ever, community members in need of assistance are turning to County municipalities, elected officials, non-profit organizations and churches for help. As we prepare for another winter season, calls and requests for services will only grow.
New services and expanded eligibility guidelines for a number of longstanding programs are now in place. To help our partners better serve families and individuals who call asking for help in the coming months, ACAP is hosting virtual (videoconference) informational sessions to provide an overview of the programs currently available to support people across Aroostook County.
The 90-minute informational session will be held twice to accommodate busy schedules. You will be sent information/invitations to join us for both sessions on:
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21 - 9:00 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 25 - 3:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
The same information will be shared in both sessions – we ask that you choose to join in the Zoom Meeting for the one that works best with your schedule.
Among the support services that will be shared during the informational session include:
- Heating Assistance
- Rent and Utility Assistance – including help avoiding eviction
- Food Assistance for Families
- Social supports for COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine
- Available Childcare Services and Assistance for Families to Afford Childcare
- Navigation and Coaching Services for Families in Need of Multiple Programs
- Services for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness
- Programs to Assist Connecting Individuals with Employment
- Assistance Connecting Community Members with Affordable Health Insurance
- 2021 Tax Filing Assistance
- Home Weatherization and Repair Assistance
- And other available programs over the coming months…
Please join us for one of the two informational sessions on October 21 and October 25 to learn about the many services and assistance programs available to people across Aroostook County.