Provides individuals and families a variety of programs that offer financial assistance and emergency services, case management to assure that participants are aware of the range of resources available to them, and Health Aroostook, a Healthy Maine Partnership.
- Case Management Services - Provides information, referrals, advocacy and assistance with transportation, food, shelter, and other resources to those in need.
- Aroostook Healthy Maine Partnership Project - Healthy Aroostook is a local coalition that collaborates with community organizations, schools, hospitals, and businesses to help make Central and Southern Aroostook a healthier place to live and work. Much work is through education and awareness as well as policy and environmental change in five areas: physical activity, nutrition, tobacco, substance abuse, and chronic disease.
- For information about Aroostook Regional Transportation System (ARTS), please visit their website: www.aroostooktransportation.org
- For more information about Healthy Aroostook programs and services
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) - Coordinates the distribution of USDA Surplus Commodity Food through hunger-prevention organizations in Aroostook County. Contact ACAP Health Services at 207-768-3026 or 1-800-432-7881.
- List of food pantries in Aroostook County
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)- Provides financial assistance to income and program-eligible households to help meet winter energy costs.
- Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP)- Provides up to $200 to income-eligible households for emergency fuel delivery or an electrical disconnect emergency. In addition, up to $3,000 is provided to income-eligible homeowners for the repair or replacement of dangerous, malfunctioning or inoperable heating appliances or systems that pose a threat to health and safety.
- Low-Income Assistance Program (LIAP) - A statewide program that makes LIHEAP-qualified customers electricity more affordable by assisting with electric bill payment.
Information on LIHEAP and other programs and resources
2013 LIHEAP Income Guidelines
Although you are not able to apply online, you can view the application to see what types of information you will need to supply.
LIHEAP Application Form